Date: 2 May 2003 11:17:18 -0000
From: phm ffii.org
Subject: Software Patents Brussels 2003/05/7-8: Hotel Beds for Free

Dear FFII/Eurolinux Supporter[1]!

For the

    Software Patent Hearing/Conference/Demo at the European Parliament 2003/05/07-8
    http://swpat.ffii.org/termine/2003/europarl/05/

you get

    a bed in double room 	for free
    a single room 		for 50 eur
    both in a 			3-star hotel

if you register today (friday) before 16.00.

We subsidise your stay, because we really NEED YOU to be there.  Please
try everything to make it possible.

Your presence alone makes a strong impression, as the parliament is
approaching elections.  We would not have achieved multi-partisan support
for our amendment proposals, if there had not been a full room at the Nov.
26th hearing.  This time we are staging a demonstration of quality
(well-reasoned support of science and software leaders) and quantity (e.g.
rally on Luxemburg Square).

Please try to be there at least on the 8th.  Note that Lawrence Lessig,
Brian Kahin, Richard Stallman and others are travelling twice around half
the globe within a few days because they know how important this is.

To register, you just reply to me or to hotel ffii.org.

Please tick:

-- Which nights do you want to spend in Brussels?

   [ ] 5.-6.
   [ ] 6.-7.
   [ ] 7.-8.
   [ ] 8.-9.

-- [ ] I want one room for myself alone
       (50 eur, 70 if you don't show up)
   [ ] I prefer a room for myself but wouldn't mind sharing
       if there is a shortage of beds.
   [ ] I prefer a bed in a double room.
       (0 eur, 40 if you don't show up)
   [ ] I bring a sleeping bag and would like to stay at the home
       of supporters in Brussels.
   [ ] I already have a place to stay in Brussels.

-- For the entry to the European Parliament on May 8th, we need your
   personal identification data[2]:

   Name:
   sex (m/f):
   nationality:
   domicile (address where you live):
   date of birth:
   passport or identity card number:

Thank you very much for your support!

--
Hartmut Pilch, FFII & Eurolinux Alliance              tel. [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]
Protecting Innovation against Patent Inflation	     http://swpat.ffii.org/

---
NOTES

[1] You have registered via

    http://petition.ffii.org/

    as a supporter of FFII/Eurolinux and thereby consented to receiving
    occasional mails, whose scope is strictly limited to enabling you to
    help support our campaign.  If you disagree, you can downgrade your
    status from "supporter" to "user of the ffii information offers"
    via the menu at the above URL, and you will no longer receive
    these mails.

    A small number of supporters may currently not have access to the
    system, due to inconsistency or incompleteness of login data.  We will
    solve all these cases and beg you to exercise patience for the moment.

[2] Privacy Note: While FFII will not retain the ID card number and birth
    date, the European Parliament may do so.  You will also be photographed upon
    entry of the European Parliament.  If you do not want that, you can still
    attend the conference and the demo, but not the hearing.

http://www.oekonux.de/

[English translation]
Message 00108 [Homepage] [Navigation]