Re: [ox] rdf, ontology

thomas co-buero.de wrote:

As I understand know, rdf is just a method to describe simple relationships between objects. It seems to
be just a (not so) simple form of expressing an ontology, which,
in my opinion, is essential to build knowledge networks.
Do I misinterpret rdf in that way, that there is
no underlying ontology ?

yes, rdf is just a description language for these relationships. you might want to read the article about the "semantic" web i referenced in an earlier mail
for an introduction of how all this fits together.

Do someone know something about free ontology databases
(the only one i know is wordnet) ?

the SUO (standard upper ontology), created by the ieee. there are also links to several other project on the site:

http://suo.ieee.org/

And finaly: Who is interested (or know interested people) in
thinking about ways to fit ontology data into opentheory or
other public knowledge accumulation tools ?

yeah, i would be interested in such a project, i will come back to you in another mail when i have more time.

f/0

--
|-
| Flo Ledermann <flo subnet.at>
| "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
| will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK
|-
| http://www.mediavirus.org//f/0/
|-