[ox] Re: [pox] Re: License for a Wiki

[ xpost+fup2 [ox] ]

* Hans-Gert Gräbe <graebe informatik.uni-leipzig.de> [2005-03-29 16:03]:
Thomas U. Grüttmüller wrote:
If you have something else in mind, please also say how you would do it.
You cannot just say, "Let's use license XY instead of the GFDL" because
this would make the wiki incompatible with both, Wikipedia and Open
Theory. You cannot take GFDLed texts and put them under another license.
Only the copyright holder can do that. And if license XY is not
GFDL-compatible, the other direction won't work either.

Thats a strong argument in favor of GFDL.

Personally, I'd still prefer using some non-copyleft (GFDL-compatible)
license (if any) over reusing GFDL material. However, if you want to
reuse Wikipedia or Open Theory stuff, there is of course no choice.
Copyleft is useless and annoying, and we should probably use it.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE
Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de