[ox] Free pharma research?

Hi lists!

The medicines-sans-frontiers (Ärzte ohne Grenzen) together with others
founded the "Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative":

	http://www.dndi.org/

From their front page:

  DNDi, the Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative, is a
  not-for-profit initiative that aims to research and develop drugs
  for millions of people debilitated by neglected diseases by using
  existing R&D capacity in both rich and poor countries. It also aims
  to raise awareness of the need for immediate action in this field.

This *may* be an initiative for developing patent free drugs. However,
I didn't find about their position on patents. On their contact form
therefore I asked them

  The web site seems rather new so my question may be answered by the
  web site in the future. However, at the moment I can't find an
  answer to this question: What is the position of DNDi to patents and
  other intellectual property issues? Of course I'm particularly
  interested in potential intellectual property issues rising from the
  activity of DNDi itself.

If I get an answer I'll ask whether I may distribute the answer to you.

						Mit Freien Grüßen

						Stefan