DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Die hier archivierte Mail kann, muss sich aber nicht auf den Themenkomplex von Oekonux beziehen.

Insbesondere kann nicht geschlossen werden, dass die hier geäußerten Inhalte etwas mit dem Projekt Oekonux oder irgendeiner TeilnehmerIn zu tun haben.

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Message 01833 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[chox] Interview mit Michael Bouwens

Ein sehr schönes Interviw mit Michael findet sich hier:

http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-blueprint-for-future.html

Darin schildert er seine persönliche Entwicklung und Erfahrung und waruim
er in Thailand gelandet ist.

Eine schöne passage ist die folgende:

----------------------

MB......It was also clear that the belief that change would come from
corporations ? as envisaged by the stakeholder concept of the late
seventies ? had also proved wrong. Finally, it occurred to me that all the
social and ecological indicators were moving in the wrong direction.

RP: How do you mean?

MB: I could see that despite the dotcom crash, the social dynamism of the
Internet had not died, but had simply continued in the social sphere, in
civil society. At the same time, corporations had become worse places to
work in than they had ever been, and poverty and environmental destruction
was growing at an unprecedented scale.

RP: So you had previously seen companies as being facilitators for social
and political change then?

MB: I had. But I eventually realised that change would primarily have to
come from civil society, and that corporations would adapt themselves to
these new trends only indirectly ? i.e. companies and other institutions
would only change in response to outside pressure, rather than on their
own initiative. That meant that if I wanted to contribute to the kind of
change I wanted to see, I had to ask myself questions about strategy and
tactics.

RP: And the answer to those questions was what?

MB: Well, the answers weren?t obvious, because I didn?t feel that I could
find them in the old left, which was still state-focused and operating
within the paradigms of industrial society. So I decided to take a
two-year sabbatical: I spent one year reading, and one year writing, and
the end result was the P2P Foundation.

wichtige Lektüre!  Karl, vielleicht kannst Du den Hinweis auch auf der
Hauptliste posten?

Franz

Contact: projekt oekonux.de

[English translation]