DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Die hier archivierte Mail kann, muss sich aber nicht auf den Themenkomplex von Oekonux beziehen.

Insbesondere kann nicht geschlossen werden, dass die hier geäußerten Inhalte etwas mit dem Projekt Oekonux oder irgendeiner TeilnehmerIn zu tun haben.

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Message 01390 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[chox] POP TECH

Hello to everyone!

 I wanted to drop you all a note about this year's
PopTech conference (http://www.poptech.com)
which is coming up from October  20-22nd.

 Specifically, I wanted to let you know that if you're
interested, you can listen to the entire (sold out) conference streamed
live over the Internet for free -- and ask questions in real time!
Instructions are at the bottom of this letter.

This year's event is going to be a huge one for the confterence, and
here's why:

* We're going to exploring the theme of "Grand Challenges" -- addressing
issues like
#  the cataloguing of the world's true genetic diversity,
#  transforming our approach to development and disaster relief,
# exploring  the future of desktop fabrication,
# speculating about the future impact of China,
# inventing the world's first completely synthetic organism, and
dozens of others. We'll also do some amazing stuff like meet Jesse
Sullivan, the first bionic man, and take a tour of Saturn with the chief
imaging scientist of the Cassini missions - and that's just a sampler!

 I think it will be the strongest conference we've ever done - please see
the website for the full list of speakers.

* We're going to be filming a major PBS special at the conference! The
show will run nationally and internationally in early 2006. Also, we're
going to be producing a companion PopTech book -- a unique experiment in
group-publishing in which the speakers, and the audience, will be
answering a set of consistent questions about the future.

* This year, PopTech partnered with the United Nations and Sun
Microsystems to bring 12 young pan-African technology and development
thought leaders to conference as "Participation Age Fellows". The day
*after* the conference (Sunday, October 23), we'll be convening (and
filming) a round-table discussion with the Fellows on the future of
Africa and the role of technology within it.

If you'd like to listen to any or all of the conference, you can check
out this web page, which will be live throughout the event:

http://www.itconversations.com/series/poptech2005.html#quickcast

If you'd like to ask questions, you can submit them at any time during
the conference to

live poptech.org

I hope you will tune in -- there are going to be some *superb* ideas
shared with the world.

Yours,
Andrew
PopTech Curator

PS> Please feel free to share this with anyone you think would enjoy it!

Z + Partners | 10 Jay Street, Suite 908 | Brooklyn, NY 11201 | 718.260.9758

Contact: projekt oekonux.de

[English translation]
Message 01390 [Homepage] [Navigation]