DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Die hier archivierte Mail kann, muss sich aber nicht auf den Themenkomplex von Oekonux beziehen.

Insbesondere kann nicht geschlossen werden, dass die hier geäußerten Inhalte etwas mit dem Projekt Oekonux oder irgendeiner TeilnehmerIn zu tun haben.

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Message 00581 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[chox] Eine andre schöne, neue, Welt (ABNW): Landwirtschaft und Wohnen

neuer Thread, am besten hier....

Rudolf Sponsel writes:

Vorschlag: Definition der Elemente (Kinder, Werktätige, Rentner,
Landwirtschaft, Wohnen, Gebietskörperschaft, Verwaltung, Steuern,
... ... ...)
In diesem ganz und gar nicht Metaphorik-Sinne: Gute Nacht ;-)

Hi Rudolf et alii:

unlängst hatte ich dasselbe Problem in der arcology Liste. Dort geht es um
Städtebau nach nachhaltigen Prinzipien. So radikal anders daß die Bewegung
heute noch etwas Marginales hat (www.arcosanti.org) Ein gewisser Randall
Hunt fragte mich nach einem operationalisierten physischen Konzept für
eine Arcology. Hier ist es, für mich ein Element einer anderen
Gesellschaft. Thema Landwirtschaft und Wohnen.

Randall Hunt <randhunt wildapache.net>
 writes:
The result could be disaster, the result could be "augmented biotopes".
You can say that again.
Yet, I'd rather hear you describe your physical conceptualization of
arcology.

"Thank you, Randall, for that question.

I am not an architect, so I have no drawings, but for me there is some
very clear points of description:

let me put in a quick mental image for you and anybody who is interested:
Imagine....

1. Small Arcologies of <2000 are not exceptions, but a widespread
phenomenon. They are nested in the natural which they are part of. There
is, in a deeper sense, not a pure natural sphere. Human activities and
nature are intertwined. There is historical examples for that, mainly in
Europe: cultural landscape, with varying degrees of intensity of land use.

2. Shape of Arcology is always in dialogue with the shape and character of
landscape. But also in intense cohesion with the natural qualities of
climate, snow, ice, rain, floods. Mini-Arcology or Village Arcology is a
landship, protecting against forces of nature, at the same time giving
access and allowing dialogue with nature.

3. Flow of man and material: Also Village Arcologies are mostly situated
alongside mass transportation lines.

4. The hilltown as ideal form: As Justus Dahinden and Richard Lewine have
conceptualised, the urban hill is the most humane form of living.
Everybody is entitled to a view, a breathe, a small garden ten by ten
yards ten steps from the bed. The surface of Vilage Arcology is the
natural extension of the surface of the planet. The stomach of Village
Arcology holds the rest. Italian hilltowns and greek mountain villages are
great examples of surface management. Everything, including public -
private schemes, rain treatment, climatisation in micro - atria etc. The
human habitat is the skin, the skin is the center, but the skin is also
able to close and protect itself.

5. concentric circles: The village Arcology might be surrounded by a
suburban and farm-garden-hydroculture-ring, but this is limited in size
due to accessibility. Local choice of lifestyles is possible. It is
mandatory also that a short walk leads the individual to encounter with
nature beyond deep social influence.

6. Dissipation and osmosis: the size of Village Arcology is determined by
the optimum relation between production and reproduction, breathing in and
breathing out, fulfilling a partial role in a larger ecosystem. Village
Arcology is bioregional. Purification of water, food production, leisure,
sports, growing of raw material: lots of things happen outside village
arcologies. Forests are essential for the planatary climate balance.
Village Arcologies are guarding forests. Maybe the Pawlonia trees around
Arcosanti are a harbinger of that future.

7. Global spere: The "inner sun" of the arcology is not only provided by
local residents and travelling artists. Cyberspace means the constant
presence of the global virtual human metropolis in the "stomach" of the
Village Arcologies. Caves, virtual reality theatres, holographic study
rooms, supported by lightwells. They serve purposes of education,
entertainment, research, production, design, develoipment.

8. Cultural diversity. There is not one musical instrument for all human
cultures. There are many cultural ways incompatioble with each other. A
village Arcology might be a matter of choice of core values, which also
want to be acted out physically. The swiss writer P.M. has conceptualised
that as a multitude of "bolos", according to various "nimas". If we look
at Las Vegas, we see a perverted form of this "theme" aspect of building
in its gigantic hotels. So Village Arcologies can be unlike each other
simply by "theme". One theme might be "classic", another might be
"modern". One might be "natural, down to earth", another might be
"decadent and laissez faire". I personally like to share my Village
Arcology with bookmaniacs, and we want to share a spacious library room as
the centerpiece of our arcology. Is there anybody out there who wants to
share that dream?

These are some essentials. I have not touched automation, circular
material fows within the Village Arcology, the structure of production and
many others. Nevertheless I find the eight points a pretty comprehensive
collection.

Thank you Randall, for giving me the incentive to write them down for the
first time. I would be very glad if this could be continued in some work
space and if some people interested would join."

http://www.oekonux.de/

[English translation]
Message 00581 [Homepage] [Navigation]