[ox] Foucault + Rogers + ... (was: Benkler + ...

spehr.

ok. weniger quoten ging nicht :)

-

Pierre Victor: "Man muß den Spieß umdrehen. Die Welt kann nicht
umgestürzt werden, ohne daß dabei etwas kaputt gemacht wird."

Michel Foucault: "Vor allem muß man den Spieß kaputt machen."

[...]

(1972)

Aus der Foucault-Biografie von Didier Eribon
http://www.opentheory.org/michel_foucault/text.phtml

-

und auch das hier ist lesenswert...

Carl Ransom Rogers (1902-1987)

* Nondirective," "client-centered," and "person-centered." are the
terms Rogers used successively, at different points in his career, for
his method. This method involves removing obstacles so the client can
move forward, freeing him or her for normal growth and development. It
emphasizes being fully present with the client and helping the latter
truly feel his or her own feelings, desires, etc.. Being
"nondirective" lets the client deal with what he or she considers
important, at his or her own pace.

* Avoidance of Argument. Rogers was willing state his own position
clearly, and hear you out and listen to your position carefully. He
asked, "Can we learn from each other?" He was not interested in
winning arguments.

* Case histories. Rogers was the first person to record and publish
complete cases of psychotherapy.

* Congruence. Open, authentic, communication in which the way I
present myself to the world matches what I think and feel at a deeper
level. (Incongruence is similar to Jung's persona, or wearing a mask."
It may be conscious deception or unconscious self-deception.) Rogers
writes, "I have found, in my relations with persons, that in the long
run it does not help to pretend to be something I am not."

* Avoidance of Control; Responsibility for self. The person-centered
therapist consciously avoids control over, or decision-making, for the
client, so that the client becomes responsible for himself or herself.
This changes the power relationship between therapist and client by
putting the control over decision-making, as well as the
responsibility for decisions, in the hands of the client.

* Curiosity. Rogers was deeply curious. He wanted to really sense,
hear, feel what life was like for the other person. He had a
phenomenological attitude.

* Education. Rogers views our schools as generally rigid, bureaucratic
institutions which are resistant to change. Applied to education, his
approach becomes "student-centered learning" in which the students are
trusted to participate in developing and to take charge of their own
learning agendas. The most difficult thing in teaching is to let
learn.

* Empathic understanding: to try to take in and accept a client's
perceptions and feelings as if they were your own, but without losing
your boundary/sense of selve.

* The facts are always friendly. If new evidence shows that our
opinions, views, and potheses are mistaken, it leads us closer to what
is true. This is learning, and though sometimes painful, it leads to a
jore accurate way of seeing life.

* Feelings. "A vitally important part of therapy is for the person to
learn to recognize and express his feelings as his own feelings, not
as a fact about another person." For example, "I feel annoyed by what
you are doing," rather than, "What you are doing is all wrong."

* The Fully-Functioning Person. Rogers' term for an "ideal
personality." A person who is open to her own experience, lives in the
moment in an existential fashion, and is fully connected to her own
stream of consciousness, which is constantly changing. She trusts her
organism and does what "feels right" in a situation. To be "fully
functioning" is not a finished state, but a direction we can be moving
in.

* Human nature. Rogers believed that at a basic level, human beings
are good and trustworthy. The more fully-functioning a person is, the
more that basic nature will be evidence.

* Inner Freedom. This involves freedom from such things as threat, and
freedom to choose and be.

* Judgment, evaluation, approval or disapproval of another person.
"This tendency to react to any emotionally meaningful statement by
forming an evaluation of it from our own point of view is the major
barrier to interpersonal communication."

* Learning. Significant learning is self-initiated, it has a quality
of personal involvement, and it is evaluated by the learner.
Meaningful learning is self-directed, experiential, and uses both
intellectual and intuitive processes.

* Listening. As a person learns to listen to himself he becomes more
accepting of himself.

* Living in the moment. If I say, "I am this," or "I am that," it is
already past. For example, as soon as I can say, "I'm being
defensive," that itself changes things.

* Organismic values. Basic positive human and social values that
appear to be common to all people at a deep level. These tend to
emerge as a person becomes more open to his or her deep experience.

* Personal growth. Rogers' clients tend to move away from facades,
away from "oughts," and away from pleasing others as a goal in itself.
Then tend to move toward being real, toward self-direction, and toward
positively valuing oneself and one's own feelings. Then learn to
prefer the excitement of being a process to being something fixed and
static. They come to value an openness to inner and outer experiences,
sensitivity-to and acceptance-of others as they are, and develop
greater abilityachieve close relationships.

* Politics of relationships and therapy. How persons maneuver or
position themselves for power and control within relationships, both
personal and therapeutic.

* Politics in a broader sense. Applying Rogers' perspective,
Assemblyman John Vasconcellos says, "The basic struggle in politics is
between those who think people should be free to control their own
destiny, and those who think everyone should be controlled."

* Reflection, reflective listening, "active listening." A therapeutic
technique in which the therapist mirrors or repeats, in his or her own
words, what the client has just said.

* Research. Rogers was an early advocate for research on the
effectiveness of therapeutic approaches.

* Transparency involves expressing my deep feelings, as my feelings
rather than as facts about another, revealing myself as a person, real
and imperfect as I am, in my relationship with another.

* Unconditional positive regard. To give a client or person my full,
caring attention without judging or evaluating them. "It is a kind of
liking which has strength, and which is not demanding." What is most
personal is most general. The most private, personal feelings are
often those which, if shared, would speak to others most directly.

* Willingness for another to be separate: Allowing others to have
different believs, feelings, values, and goals than you do.

-

so short. oh, noch eine alte fmk-weisheit: wo widerstand zwecklos
wird: geniesse es. k.
Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de