[ox] Fwd: [ox-en] Open Invention Network

------- Forwarded Message

Date:  Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:35:47 -0500
From:  "Gurstein, Michael"
Subject:  [ox-en] Open Invention Network (Modified by Geert Lovink) [u]
To:  "incom"

From: Andy Duff
Date: November 11, 2005 11:09:20 AM EST
Subject: Open Invention Network

Jerry Rosenthal is the newly appointed Open Invention Network CEO, was
previously the vice president of IBM's intellectual property and
licensing business.

 From eweek.com:

<<IBM, Sony Corp., Philips N.V. and Linux distributors Red Hat Inc. and
Novell Inc. announced Thursday that the companies would be forming a new
company-Open Invention Network-to share Linux patents without charging
for royalties. OIN's (Open Invention Network) plan will be to acquire
Linux-related patents and share them royalty-free to any organization
that agrees not to assert its patents against Linux or its
applications.>>

Full article at: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1885293,00.asp

The site's at: http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/ with just a press
release at present. Rosenthal's quoted as saying:

"Open Invention Network is not focused on income or profit generation
with our patents, but on using them to promote a positive, fertile
ecosystem for the Linux operating system and to drive innovation and
choice into the marketplace," said Mr. Rosenthal. "We intend to spur
innovation in IT and across industries by helping software developers
focus on what they do best - developing great Linux-related software
with greater assurance about intellectual property issues."

Web-Site: http://www.oekonux.org/
Contact: projekt oekonux.de

------- End of Forwarded Message

Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de