Query [was: Re: [ox] We've been slashdotted /.

]On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Stefan Merten wrote:

Mehr englisches Material wäre natürlich gut...

Unfortunately my query is for the German-speakers, even though
it's in English ;-)
I'm trying to find out about patents, the history of patents, and
historical alternatives. In particular I want to know about the
'open patents' used in the former USSR. I can't find any material
in English. I've asked some Russians, but it appears memory of this
time is fading rapidly, and they couldn't help. So I wondered if the
patent and copyright systems of the DDR were based on the Soviet system;
if so, could anyone point me to any references on the web? (preferably
English, but I will get my dictionary out and try to struggle through
German texts if necessary...)

Thanks (and best wishes to all on the list... I'm still lurking!)
Graham