Re: [ox] NYTimes.com Article: Microsoft Is Set to Be Top Foe of Free Code

New York Times schrieb:
 The executive, Irving Wladawsky- Berger, an I.B.M. vice president,
said, "If we thought this was a trap, we wouldn't be doing it, and
as you know, we have a lot of lawyers."

Dasselbe sagte IBM damals auch, als sie auf DOS eingestiegen sind... ;-))

Microsoft, he said, in
support of the community ideal, already has what he called a
shared-source philosophy, which makes its source code available to
hardware makers, software developers, scientists, researchers and
government agencies.

Hört, hört!  Und ich dachte, nur russische Cracker kämen in den Genuss... ;-)

 He reserved his harshest criticism in the text of his speech for
the G.P.L., a software licensing model defined by programmer
Richard M. Stallman in 1984.

"RMS" ist wohl die Kurzform von "rm MS"  ;-))

 In a response to Microsoft's Mr. Allchin in February, Mr. Stallman
wrote:"The free software movement was founded in 1984, but its
inspiration comes from the ideals of 1776: freedom, community and
voluntary cooperation.

Hoffen wir, dass FS (und die GPL-Gesellschaft)  im Gegensatz zu den
"ideals of 1776"  *ohne*  Ausbeutung, Ressourcen-Klau und Ausgrenzung
Anderer auskommt...  (d.h. dass es weder "Sklaven" noch "Indianer der FS"
geben wird...)

Visit NYTimes.com for complete access to the
most authoritative news coverage on the Web,
Naja, wohl eher "most authoritarian" ;-)

Gruss,
Christoph R.